PDA

View Full Version : Air Traffic Control

221B
19th Sep 2003, 22:35
My 18 month old son has developed a worrying habit of standing in the garden pointing at aircraft flying overhead and shouting gibberish at them.

Is it inevitable that he will become an ATCO, or have I caught him in time to do something about it?

Chilli Monster
20th Sep 2003, 16:59
What do you say to a newly qualified ATCO?:

Here's a job and a decent salary :)

What do you say to a newly qualified ATPL?:

Big Mac and Fries twice please :(

Mr Wolfie
20th Sep 2003, 17:09
Chilli Monster - Tee Hee Hee Hee :D :D :D

WX Man
20th Sep 2003, 19:07
What do you say to an ATPL who's just got his first job?

Here's a decent job *and* a decent salary;)

Jerricho
20th Sep 2003, 19:23
Your son sounds just like Point 7!

And infact, probably has the same mental age...............

Scott Voigt
21st Sep 2003, 01:42
If he is speaking giberish, then he is certainly studying for his ATPL <G>.

Scott

NudgingSteel
21st Sep 2003, 04:46
221B

I work with quite a few ATCOs who point at aircraft and shout gibberish at them so he's halfway qualified from the sound of it!!!!!

221B
21st Sep 2003, 05:34
NudgingSteel - That's what I was worried about!

I tried chasing him round the lawn with the Flymo to try and get him interested in Rotary, but that didn't work - he just made me orbit the pond, and held me at the garden path for ages before I could get back to the shed.

niknak
21st Sep 2003, 05:44

When he starts issuing you with a slot time to watch the news, and there is no delay for him to watch the Tweenies etc..... that's when you know he's beyond help and destined to a life of the dark art of atc........:E

AirNoServicesAustralia
21st Sep 2003, 08:28
When you plead with him to let you put the flymo back in the garden shed but he directs you into the garage instead and then blames you for screwing up, you know he's ready to enter the big bad world of ATC.

Whereas if he asks to watch the tweenies but you decline his request due to the fact there are 15 other kids watching the telletubbies, and he has a cry and accuses you of showing favouritism, you know hes set to be a long suffering/complaining pilot.