PDA

View Full Version : Islamaphobia

shaolin
19th Sep 2003, 17:27
Hi,

I'm directing this question to pilots, management and people actually working in the Aviation industry, rather than wannabe's.

I'm a UK citizen with parents from Pakistan. Muslim by religion.

Currently, I'm considering a change from my the legal field to pilot at age 31.

This would entail flight training in USA/Spain, as that's cheaper than UK.

Then searching for a job after a year or so in USA or UK primarily.

My worries are that with all of the panic being created by Islamic terrorists and some of them having actually been UK born pakistanis, is that this will definately have a negative effect on career opportunities in countries which are becoming worried about potential terrorists etc.

I imagine persons of my description wanting flight training in florida will come up against a lot of questions/interviews first.

I could easily imagine USA flight customers being unnerved when they hear that their captain calling himself Captain Usama (to be extreme).

This would have an effect on the people airlines choose to employ or discriminate against.

Realistically, with zero political correctness; could you please provide an insight into how difficult a career as a pilot would be in particular the USA and UK.

Thanks.

Jetdriver
19th Sep 2003, 18:50
Shaolin,

You have already posted this thread in the wannabees forum where it has received numerous replies and is correctly placed. We do not normally permit multiple postings of the same thread in different forums as it becomes untidy, wastes bandwidth and usually proves irrelevant to one or other.

Regards JD