PDA

View Full Version : Florida JAA Approved School Up For Sale - Who?

tartan 42
19th Sep 2003, 15:35
There appears to be a Florida based JAA approved flying school up for sale at the moment - does anyone know which one it is ?

It might have a bearing on who I select for training - a school about to go through a high degree of change might not be a good choice. I guess the flip side is that it might just be what is required to make it a 'great' school. Any views?

Anyway - just interested to know so I can add it to the thinking process. I havn't got enough pocket money to buy it myself !

T-42

My names Turkish
20th Sep 2003, 03:57
Can you elaborate a little more? Where did you see it advertised? Was there a contact Name or Phone Number? You could probably narrow it down with either of the above.

Evo
20th Sep 2003, 06:12
It is on page 128 of the October issue of Pilot - I would have thought that anybody who knows the Florida FTOs could figure out which one from the ad. Contact is c/o Pilot.

My names Turkish
20th Sep 2003, 08:59
Hadnt seen that add, I'll try and dig out a copy and have a look. Can you furnish any details in the mean time?

strafer
23rd Sep 2003, 17:55
Why does everybody pussfoot around?

In my opinion it's Ormond Beach Aviation.

Quite prepared to accept that I might be wrong - perhaps notice can enlighten me if I am?

tartan 42
24th Sep 2003, 20:48
Strafer........
I thought it might be OBA.
When I first started checking schools out - they looked quite good. Searching on this site does not result in too many positive comments and if, as suspected, they are up for sale - I might remove them from my list !

I assume "Notice" is some way connected to OBA - or did I miss understand that point?

Cheers,
T-42

mad_jock
24th Sep 2003, 22:33
If OBA is up for sale, then the biggest problem should be gone from the school.

The setup if it stays intact is nearly perfect for 3 week courses.

So just now it would definately be off my list. But after the sale making sure it has completely been removed from the control of he who must not be named. Shouldn't be to bad.

MJ

strafer
24th Sep 2003, 22:36
tartan 42,

the moderators think that notice is one of the usernames of Adrian Thompson, owner of OBA. You can find examples of their bickering on other threads (However, I've seen mails where notice says he isn't).

You're right, there is a fair amount of negative mails about OBA on here, having said that, I did my PPL there and would go back. Whether it is them up for sale or not - time will tell.