PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet in Talks with Prestwick

kpiko3
18th Sep 2003, 23:13
Hi all,

RUMOUR
I heard from somebody that Easyjet are holding talks with the bosses at Prestwick for future European routes from Scotland.
Which they cannot do right now because of BAA`s high fares at EDI and GLA(Possibly ABZ).

Kpiko3

Caledonian
19th Sep 2003, 04:55
Jesus the amount of rumours we are hearing about prestwick these days its gonna be busier than heathrow!, l hope Easyjet leave GLA for PIK and EDI for ADX because they have done nothing for the Scottish travelling public just moaned about how high there fees are but yet Air Scotland and Flyglobespan are happy to take the hit and have taken away that age old need to go via London to the most popular european tourists resorts and l dont want to run PIK down but if you give me the choice of GLA or PIK then l am afraid l would choose the former.

Much as l dont like the BAA that much l do hope they dont pander to Easyjet but l would think it will be if anything a scaremongering tactic rather than a full blooded plan to pull out.

Scottie
19th Sep 2003, 05:15
Caledonian, you have to look at it from easyJet's point of view to. The 4 aircraft based at Newcastle were alledgedly destined for Glasgow.

However NCL came up with a better package which equals more profit so what would you choose?

Now easyJet is concentrating on expansion into europe so I doubt we'll see new European flights from EDI/GLA.