PDA

View Full Version : HELP Own typerating good idea?

MM MLE
17th Sep 2003, 21:04
Hello,

I can defenitly need some help on this one! Some company asked me wheter it would be possible for me to finance my own typerating upon employment. Which would cost me something around 35000 euro, first of all is this an accurate figure or is it an expensive schooling fee, compared to others?
Would it be a wise thing to ask for reasonable repayment plan to the company via future salaries, to pay back your type rating?!
Are there any banks with a special loans for these situations??
Thanking you in advance for your help!

Cheers, MM

anglo
25th Sep 2003, 18:46
MM

This truly sounds like a lot of money... Of course it depends on the Type in question and where in the world you are?!

In the UK a 737 rating or something similar would be approx £17k Assuming the airline you are talking to will pick up the tab for base training which is not unreasonable.

The general concensus is unless you have a guaranteed job offer in writing dont part with the cash. Offers of holding pools etc are not good enough especially if you are going to borrow the money!! A better bet - go to florida or somewhere warm for 6 months build up some more hours and a tan. Its amazing how far that would bump you up the pecking order. There are plenty of people around with basic licence and minimum hours.
Or maybe go to Oxford and do Jet Orientation Training in their full motion 737 sim. all at afraction of the cost.

What ever you decide goodluck
:ok:

MM MLE
25th Sep 2003, 20:04
Cheers

It is for a 737 job and I will only invest if they can give me a written guarantee of employing me for at least 3 years, or something like that. About just building hours on private planes, it looks like I had my part of that after 2 years of searching and hour building.. (TT 520 I think).. Live' s hard isn't it :)

Thanks for trying to help me out here, I hope I finally make the best decision, MM

Orvil
26th Sep 2003, 00:09
What about type writing?:O :ok:

Hope you have a sense of humour!
Good Luck

MM MLE
26th Sep 2003, 02:25
Good one, how long did it took before coming up with something superb like that :) Gee thanks, ... still have the same problem.

I'm not calling it a situation anymore. Problems are there to be solved, situations you can't find solutions for! Well, according to an old man who, now and then, crosses my way (dad ??!@)