PDA

View Full Version : Shoreham tower

Wunper
15th Sep 2003, 22:09
I Just wanted to say a big thank you to all in the tower at Shoreham for their professionalism in handling an onslaught of French aviateurs during a very busy period yesterday. I admire your patience !

Also thanks for allowing me to use runway 13 in my taildragger. I had a very pleasant time!

Thank you!

Wunper:ok:

Fuji Abound
17th Sep 2003, 17:24
It has been said a million times but we are good at whingeing, and not so good at praising a job well done.

I still reckon the guys and girls at Shoreham tower have got the balance just right doing a difficult job.

There are times the curt remark is called for when someone is being a complete Wally and it is rightly given. Equally there are times when someone is obviously out of their depth, new to the game or whatever and the controller needs to be helpful and constructive in sorting them out and getting them on the ground safely - they do that as well. Finally there are the locals who enjoy the odd bit of banter and hopefully keep us all entertained and remind us flying is a serious business but we also enjoy it - they do that as well. Well done Shoreham!