PDA

View Full Version : Yes - done to death... but

tartan 42
16th Sep 2003, 22:08
Planning PPL/Night/IMC in one block starting Jan 04. Investigating all big schols in US. Been through all the threads on here and searched each school - loads of useful info. However, dificult to gain overall perspective as there are many views. Also, many of the responses were PM'd and thus I could not see them.

Thus, I would be greatful for any responses from people who feel strongly (+ve or -ve) about any particular schools. I would place quality of instruction and safety above cheapness.

Is 6 weeks enough time to allow?

I am not wishing to open old ground, re-do done threads or create a bashing session - so responses by PM only please.

Schools I am checking are:
Naples
AAA
OFT
EFT
OBA
IFTA

Inviting PM responses for those who would like to pass on any good reports or those who would like to advise me where not to go.

Thanks - hoping to gain from your experiences
T-42

FlyingForFun
16th Sep 2003, 22:47
Dificult to gain overall perspective as there are many viewsThe reason there are so many views is simple: not only is every school different, but every student is different too. School A may suite student X perfectly, whereas student Y may not like their teaching style and would be happier at school B.

Best thing to do is to get all the information you can, including speaking to each of the schools individually, then make up your own mind which is best for you, rather than which is best for anyone else.

Obviously getting input from others is an important part of getting all the information you can - but don't put too much weight on the replies.

FFF
-----------

No. 2
16th Sep 2003, 23:14
FFF - very true. But it does give a good indication of which schools you should stay well clear of...and we know there are some....

No. 2