PDA

View Full Version : Autobrakes and AWO

Streamline
19th Oct 2000, 22:50
Suppose the Autobrake system is unservisable.

Would it affect AWO operations and why ??

------------------
Smooth Trimmer

[This message has been edited by Streamline (edited 19 October 2000).]

flying-bits´nbytes
20th Oct 2000, 01:17
HI
On the A320 it doesn´t affect AWO. The use of Autobreak on contam. RWYS is just a recommendation and no a compulsory item.
FBN

Wiggly Amp
23rd Oct 2000, 02:15
Streamline

To achieve and maintain AWO, strict control over the integrity and serviceability of the Autoland system must be maintained. The MEL will indicate all autoland related systems. Failure of the autbrake system (MEL 32-42 ish) does not impact on the despatch or Autoland system of a 757.

I believe that not all CAT 3B aircraft are equipped or are required to have autobrake systems (ie BAe RJ/146 CAT3B with no autobrakes). However, I`m sure you drivers when flying that coupled approach with minimum visability would like to have a computer taking care of the braking for you.

In general Autoland systems are there to maintain strict flight path within ILS and Glideslope envelope, flair just prior to touchdown and maintain aircraft on runway centre line after touchdown down to around 80knots.

Hope this answers your question.

Wiggly

WOK
24th Oct 2000, 00:30
Older generation machines (eg 742,SSC) will give cat3B without rollout, ie AP is disconnected at mainwheel(SSC) or nosewheel(742) touchdown. The rollout is performed by the handling pilot, so autobrakes do not impact on AWO. (SSC doesn't have them).

While nice to have them available I don't think it likely that any type will have AWOps predicated on their availability.