PDA

View Full Version : What questions should we ask the airlines?

sgarvey
14th Sep 2003, 21:12
This has probably been done a lot before but i want to do it again, for myself and for others wanting answers to particular questions. I intend to compile a questionaire regarding pilot recruitment with the airlines and go to the airlines themselves to get our questions answered.

"DownwindToRoll" gave me a link to a GAPAN Report (www.gapan.org/career/survey.htm) which proved very interesting and helpful, Thanks man. The report is similar to the one i want to compile but there are many other questions needed to be asked also. I'm looking for anyones input into this, what questions would you like to ask? Please let me know and i will put them into the questionaire. As soon as i have the results i will post them on the forum here.

Much feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Stephen

Pilot Pete
15th Sep 2003, 23:29
Stephen

Nice idea, but how will you get the airlines to fill in your questionaire? They will answer questions from a respected body like GAPAN, but a question paper from an individual? Not being harsh, but I don't see them replying.

Good luck however.

PP

ps, forgot to add that even with the GAPAN survey which has been discussed before on these pages, they answer the survey with what they want in the 'ideal world', but in reality accept a much broader swathe of individuals and skills and qualifications. So even if they do reply it is very hard to claim it as definitive.