PDA

View Full Version : Online logbook

teech
13th Sep 2003, 22:54
Can anyone help me? I've been struggling with Excel spreadsheets trying to create an electronic log book, but it's driving me mad. Surely someone out there has created a simple spreadsheet that I can complete, or preferably knows how to get my entire logbook online?

Thanks in advance.

Simon.

TheKentishFledgling
14th Sep 2003, 00:10
Have a look at www.e-logbooks.com

OK, it's not free, but it's an excellent service, written by a good friend of mine (and if you search hard enough you'll find a couple of pages scripted by yours truly :E).

IMHO, it's well worth the money.

tKF

PS There are Excel logbooks available on the web. Try a Google search.

skydriller
14th Sep 2003, 02:47
Hi,

If you do a search on pprune, someone posted a n electonic Excel format logbook, dont remember who, but I have a copy and its great. If you dont find it, Email me and I will send you a copy, Im sure the original author will not mind!

Regards, SD.

Keef
14th Sep 2003, 07:22
I've kept my logbook in Excel for something like ten years. Not a particularly good design, and very personalised - it checks FAA IR currency, that sort of thing, and uses lookup tables to record airfields visited.

It's easy to do - if you want the "bones" of mine, say the word and I'll e-mail it.

But I bet there are better ones out there, written to a design, rather than "evolved"

teech
28th Sep 2003, 04:08
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Although I was originally looking for a spreadsheet solution, the e-logbooks online site looks just perfect. Saves me from carrying around any electronic device and love the stats that the site offers.

This site claims to be secure. Anyone had any bad experiences? I don't mind paying the fees if my email address is protected. I get enough spam already.

Fly Stimulator
28th Sep 2003, 04:21
This thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82896) may cause a certain sense of deja vu - it's the one where I posted an Excel solution (bottom of page 1) and teech posted a link to e-logbooks :confused:

skydriller
28th Sep 2003, 17:58
FS, Your Excel Logbook is still going strong, Thanks again!:ok:

Daventry CTA,

I sent you a private message in reply to yours, but have not heard back from you, However, if you follow the link above, that is the logbook I have.;)

Regards, SD..

Capt BK
29th Sep 2003, 05:38
FS,

Thanks for posting your excel logbook. Much better then the pathetic effort i've been trying to do for god knows how long! I reckon I owe you a pint:ok:

Cheers

CBK

Fly Stimulator
29th Sep 2003, 19:46
I've just uploaded a modified version of my log book spreadsheet with the ICAO codes for airfields in Belgium, Germany and Switzerland added to the lookup function, reflecting my aerial travels over the summer.

Right-click here (http://www.theflyingschool.co.uk/FlyingLogbook.zip) and choose "Save target as" for the compressed version (120k), or here (http://www.theflyingschool.co.uk/FlyingLogbook.xls) for the uncompressed version (500k).

Evo
29th Sep 2003, 19:53
I use e-logbooks and think it's quite good - does everything I need, and it's useful to be able to send people a link - but recently it has become bl**dy slow. Anyone else have this problem ... or is it just me? :(

SteveR
30th Sep 2003, 03:00
The slowness in e-logbooks comes and goes - and is proving very difficult to pin down. We have monitoring in place for when the server actually stops (twice in a year so far, down for under 5 hours in total), but monitoring the speed is as difficult as identifying the cause of the slowness.

I've just just logged a couple of flights and it seems fine ATM - viewing all the registrations ever logged is painfully slow and is being addressed but using the site as an individual seems fine.

If you have probs, please mail us direct. (Of course mentioning it on this forum gives me a chance to comment in public and spread the word.....).

Steve R

(edited for 2 silly spelling mistooks)

Evo
30th Sep 2003, 03:06
Steve, you've got mail :)