PDA

View Full Version : easyJet-Which new routes would YOU like from London Luton?

lowfaresbuster
9th Sep 2003, 22:29
link to easyjet luton competition (http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/ltncompetition.asp)

from easyjet:
easyJet is expanding its operation with the arrival of 16 brand new Boeing 737's and Airbus A319's over the coming year. Five of these new aircraft will be based in London, and at least two of these will bring new services and increased frequencies to London Luton.

Currently offering frequent daily flights to 17 cities to around four million passengers a year, Europe's No.1 low cost airline will introduce new routes from London Luton to both existing points in its network and to new destinations. This expansion will mean more opportunies for customers in the South East to take advantage of low fares to some of Europe's most popular destinations.

easyJet is currently negotiating with a range of airports around Europe - but is also keen for customers to have a say in the decision.

The airline is planning to add three exciting new destinations from London Luton - so simply fill in the boxes below to say what you'd like! The most popular destinations voted for by customers will be added to the shortlist, and an announcement will be made in the next few months.

If you chose one of the destinations that is finally selected, you will be entered into a free prize draw. One lucky winner will then be picked at random to receive a pair of free return flights to that destination.

All you have to do is fill in the following.

Buster the Bear
10th Sep 2003, 04:12
Copenhagen
Warsaw
Stockholm
Oslo
Munich
Rome
Anywhere large in France that Ryanair do not fly reasonably close
Lisbon
Seville
Bilbao
French Airbus factory (To train the pilots)
Hamburg (To collect the new planes)
Budapest
Bucharest
Newquay
Whipsnade

Golf Charlie Charlie
10th Sep 2003, 04:23
As the system won't allow me one-word replies, I just had to re-write and say :

Liverpool

EasyServis
10th Sep 2003, 05:03
I'm half Portugese so it would be nice to have more low fare airline links to Portugal rather than just Faro in the South.

I'd like to see Lisboa and Porto.

Also some more cities in Spain and Italy.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
10th Sep 2003, 19:48
Frankfurt and Dusseldorf (the proper ones)!!

And before my friend Buster the Bear leaps in, no I have not suggested Teterboro!!! :ok: :ok:

AIRWAY
10th Sep 2003, 19:55
Lisbon in Portugal :ok:

Buster the Bear
10th Sep 2003, 23:19
Mr 1 BRAVO, I am unable to 'leap' anywhere, far tooooo many sarnies from the picnic bigade here on the Chiltern hills.

Frankfurt and Dusseldorf, I wonder why? (HaHaHaHaHa). Good choices though.

bladums
11th Sep 2003, 03:10
Tenerife

Would a 737 make it without stopping for fuel ???

johnwalton
11th Sep 2003, 03:24
As far as im aware, -700s can make it without a refuel stop. I believe Go used to operate a 733 on STN-TFS as well, though in unfavourable conditions I think a 733 would have to stop enroute.

kriskross
11th Sep 2003, 17:19
Done LGW-TFS-LGW and NCL-TFS-NCL many times on a -400, -300 and -800, and had no problems. The performance basically will depend on the engine thrust giving the liftable weight, and I would guess about 14 tonnes of fuel for a -300, if memory serves me well.

With an APS of 33 tonnes and a payload of 14 tonnes thenthis gives a ZFW of 47 tonnes and a TOW of 61 tonnes.

The 20k -300 would probably have problems with this and I don't have the figures for the 22k engines to hand , but TFS was a destination that was looked at for the 700 for 'future planning' and the 20k engines will give a MTOW of just under 65 tonnes, so it would make it OK.

codpiece face
11th Sep 2003, 18:19
How about

Prestwick
Cork
Bratislava
Reykavik
Moscow
Tripoli
Budapest
Bucharest

And not in that order, I know that some may seem a bit stupid but thought provoking none the less.

kpiko3
12th Sep 2003, 23:46
I think it would be brilliant if they flew to Prestwick,then they could expand even further into Europe which they are not able to do right now wit baa`s high fares.

But that would no doubt seriously piss off Oleary as he thinks he owns PIK.

Kris

ALLMCC
13th Sep 2003, 00:09
MOL certainly has done a lot for Prestwick as he does with most airports he operates out of - can only hope he starts Belfast operations soon!

kpiko3
14th Sep 2003, 04:16
BELFAST

I tottaly aggree as I think it was stupid of Ezy to stop there Belfast from GLA +EDI,the only way you can get there is from GLA on BA which is a costs a brick.
As i said in the last post,I think it would be good if Ezy moved down here to PIK,Then they could reinstate there Belfast service with a whole load of other euro services like,
Geneva,Amsterdam,Paris CdG,Toulousse and Milan Malpensa.

Kris

Hial Flyer
14th Sep 2003, 05:36
EZY still fly BFS to GLA and EDI 4 times daily from each airport.
Did the flight from Bfs to Gla at lunchtime today and it was almost full.

kpiko3
14th Sep 2003, 06:11
oh,sorry.
I heard a rumour that they had cancelled it,anyway it would still be quite a good fight on the BFS route if RYR done PIK-BFS.

Kris