PDA

View Full Version : P1 hours needed for CPL

buzzc152
9th Sep 2003, 19:06
Hi there everyone, I realise this is lazy of me to ask here but can anyone tell me how many P1 one needs before starting CPL training or by CPL issue if different.

Also, is the CPL course all dual hours or is there some provision for solo ?

No. 2
9th Sep 2003, 19:23
buzzc152 -

Check out page 5 here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/Lasors_Section_D.pdf) for hours requirements. There doesn't appear to be any P1 hours required prior to starting the CPL, only the 150 hours total time.

All 25 hours are dual.

No. 2

YYZ
9th Sep 2003, 20:22
I got this of a website & it looks ok to me?
Im sure someone will correct if not.

150 hours as pilot of aeroplanes including 70 hours PIC (before applying for the licence the candidate must have completed 200 hours as pilot of aeroplanes and 100 hours PIC).
Passed the theoretical knowledge exams at either CPL or ATPL level.
Hold a valid Class 1 medical

Hope that helps?

Oh yes, you are lazy because that took less than 1min to find! lol

buzzc152
9th Sep 2003, 21:03
OK, I've had a look at lasors. Tell me if I have this right...... to start the CPL course I must have 150 hours TT. To be issued with a CPL I must have 200 hours inc 100 PIC.

That seems a bit odd. I can have 150 hrs, do the 25 hour course, pass the skills test but still have to find another 25 hours to get the license issued? Is that right ?

If that's the case, do most people just wait until they have 175 before starting the CPL course ? Or can I finish the CPL with 175 hours then begin the instructor rating course and then have the CPL and Instructor rating issued all at once ? OR do you have to have the CPL before starting instructor course OR..........

My brain hurts. Help

Capt BK
9th Sep 2003, 21:43
buzzc152,

As I understand it you can start another course after passing your CPL skills test before your license comes through, such as an FI or an IR. I don't know if you have to apply for the licenses seperately though, I seem to remember a post sometime ago saying that you could apply for the CPL+IR at the same time to reduce costs but I can't be sure.

I believe the 70hrs PIC required before the course is for the CPL course with a combined Multi Engine rating.

Of course I could have got the whole thing wrong...:O

No. 2
9th Sep 2003, 21:50
buzzc152 - yes that's right. If you completed the CPL skills test in the minimum time, i.e. 175hrs, you'd have to wait until 200hrs until you can have it issued. How the remaining 25 hours are gained is largely a personal choice provided all criteria are met of course. If you were to start your IR immediately after the CPL then the hours for that would count towards your 200 for CPL issue.....

...that's just made me think of another question - if I start an IR with a PPL, but then get the CPL, do I then get the 5 hour reduction or do I have to start the IR first having a CPL to do the reduced-hour course?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

No. 2

I believe the 70hrs PIC required before the course is for the CPL course with a combined Multi Engine rating.

That would make sense since 70hrs PIC is the requirement for an MEPR.

No. 2

RodgerF
9th Sep 2003, 22:18

...that's just made me think of another question - if I start an IR with a PPL, but then get the CPL, do I then get the 5 hour reduction or do I have to start the IR first having a CPL to do the reduced-hour course?

To get the reduction you must either hold a CPL(A) or have completed the CPL(A) course, before you start the IR.

Its all here

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/Lasors_Section_E.pdf

Page 3.

Obs cop
10th Sep 2003, 04:51
There seems to be some confusion here, so I will try to clarify where the relevant details are from.

The hours requirements as per Lasors are dependant on the licence and how it is reached.

Integrated course for CPL

A "graduate" shall have minimum 150 hours, including 80 hours dual and 70 hours solo. To include 20 hours cross country, 5 hours instruction on complex types, 5 hours night, 10 hours instrument instruction.

Integrated course for CPL/IR

A "graduate" shall have minimum 180 hours, including 80 hours dual and 100 hours solo. To include 50 hours cross country, 5 hours night, 100 hours instrument time.

Integrated course for ATPL(a)

A "graduate" shall have minimum 195 hours, including 95 hours dual and 100 hours solo. To include 50 hours cross country, 5 hours instruction on complex types, 5 hours night, 115 hours instrument time.

MODULAR ROUTE CPL

An applicant must have completed a minimum 200 hours total time, including 100 hours PIC, 20 hours cross country, 5 hours night, 10 hours instrument instruction.

For those with the joy of going through the integrated routes, there shouldn't be a worry about how many hours of each type are needed since you are paying your training provider for the fact that they provide the minimum training for the licence issue. For the modular route, the hours requirements are slightly higher, but check lasors as there are further stipulations as to what the night hours must be made up of along with a minimum 300nm navigation route being flown.

Lastly, the CPL course (modular) must consist of 25 hours dual flight instruction, including 5 hours in a complex aeroplane. This can be combined with a multi rating, but overall, it does not change the minimum hours required.

Note furthermore, that in completing a modular route you need the hours on application, so the 25 hours for the CPL training can be included into the dual time required.

Hope this clears up the mud;)
Obs cop