PDA

View Full Version : Flight Plan Remarks

SwanFIS
7th Sep 2003, 16:15
Could someone explain two items that we sometimes see in the field 18 remarks on flight plans.

Firstly on Air France B772s we see "RMK / CANARIAS FANS". Football team or engines?

Secondly we have seen on BA flight plans "RMK / TCAS LHASO NOT AUTHORISED".

From puzzled of Swanwick

CR2
8th Sep 2003, 21:56
FANS - Wasn't that Future Air Navigation System (or at least something similar). Think it allows datalinking between the aircraft and ATC.

LHASO - do a search on Rumours & News, you'll no doubt find a detailed discussion. Think its Land and Hold Short Operations which are in effect at ORD. Some carriers aren't too thrilled with the idea, so will not comply.

You could ask on either the ATC or Ops/Dispatch forae.

rgds

PPRuNe Radar
8th Sep 2003, 22:45
The first remark probably signifies that they are taking part in the Spanish Canaries ADS trial

Canarias FANS (http://www.navsource.com/Articles/ADS_Trials/ads_trials.html)

The second is as CR2 states ... though I thought it was LAHSO ;)

Intruder
9th Sep 2003, 08:43
LAHSO is indeed Land and Hold Short Operations -- land on one runway and stop and hold short of an intersecting runway (or clear your landing runway prior to the intersection).

Besides not being fond of LAHSO, some airlines are prohibited by the FAA from participating, via the company OpSpecs (Operations Specifications).

CR2
9th Sep 2003, 14:23
Ah well, close enough ! :rolleyes: :E

SwanFIS
9th Sep 2003, 16:16
Gentlemen, thank you for your replies.

PPRuNe yes I did misspell LAHSO and thank you for the link. I am now on the learning curve and its a long way down.

CR2 you win the prize for being first, I had almost given up hope.

I have also found the search facility. Another learning curve, I am getting dizzy.

:ok: