PDA

View Full Version : Caa Automated Phone Service

willby
6th Sep 2003, 07:24
Hi,
Anybody notice it's now impossible to speak to any one at CAA!
I have applied to sit exams in Nov. but have'nt received any acknowledgement that my application has even been received.
When I call I just get automated answers and no option to speak to an operator.
I even tried email and I got a reply that my query will be dealt with in approx. ten days!
Willby

mad_jock
7th Sep 2003, 18:43
If they have cashed your payment method you are booked in. They don't normaly confirm bookings until a couple of weeks before the exam. Then its your problem not thiers if they have to change anything or you don't get your location of choice.

Same with any licenses once they take the money you have it, then you just have to wait for the single 3 ppm laser printer which does the license printing to warm up and the lic appears 10 days later.

MJ

topunicyclist
8th Sep 2003, 05:28
I managed to get round the system as I wanted to find out ATPL exam times and if there was still availability at Gatwick for the dates I wanted to undertake the exams.

After several increasingly desparate attempts to actually speak to a real person (rather than hearing the numerous menus of options yet again), I just selected options that were in no way connected to the type of query I had. Having succeeded, I managed to speak to a helpful chap who gave me the info and advice I was looking for.

willby
8th Sep 2003, 05:48
Hi , Tks MJ and Topunicyclist for info and tips. Forgot to check credit card to see if my a/c had been debited.
Even if they have debited a/c I'm still in the dark as to whether I got my first choice or not. Anyway back to the grindstone. Tks again
Willby

A and C
8th Sep 2003, 17:27
Phone the CAA......get on to the department that you want.......you will get an answerphone !..........leave a short but POLITE message...............repeat the message at 10 to 15 min intervals for about three hours .............. They will get back to you.

The department cant take the chance that you will write to your MP asking why they did not reply to your 89 calls !.

clubley
8th Sep 2003, 22:37
Like it A & C, more of us should start doing that!!!

Why A & C? are you an Engineer ?

willby
9th Sep 2003, 09:10
Hi,
Tks again all for the advice. In the end the email worked out best.
When you send your email you get an immediate automated ( of course ) response from the Postmaster @ CAA saying a reply could take up to ten days!
In fact I got a reply to two emails within hours and my queries were answered. So anyone else out there frustrated with the phone try email. The address is [email protected]
Willby

Hulk
9th Sep 2003, 19:40
sent email for CAA license info, 2 weeks after, I received a full brochure with everything in...