PDA

View Full Version : jobs...things are looking up !

A and C
5th Sep 2003, 19:25
It would seem that the job market is starting to move , the easy command thread on R & N shows easyjet trying to get SFO,s from other airlines and I have seen the supply of type rated pilots dry up over the last few months.

I have the feeling that the cyclic thing is going to kick in once more and it shows up first at the top of the market with companys trying to get pilots the cheap way by grabing them off there compeditors , when this fails they will have to start paying to train them.

This will all filter down to the bottom of the market in a few months.

My names Turkish
5th Sep 2003, 19:58
I hope your right A and C but I doubt it! Brings us back to the same vicous cycle. They want experienced F.Os and Captians, they seem to be hard to find. I think the whole industry seems to be going the same way with type ratings and it suits them well. SO I cant see them going back. I hope I'm wrong though....

mad_jock
5th Sep 2003, 22:43
Well I have first hand knowledge of at least 12 FI's getting jobs/ in hold pools in the last 2 months.

And know about 4 more that are mid selection process.

None of them had to pay for there type ratings.

MJ who is now gearing up for a big CV session.

flyer75
7th Sep 2003, 20:54
I have experience...2600TT including 2400TT on metroliners and Beech 1900 in single pilot and multi pilot ops..an FAA ATPL and recently the Green JAA ATPL with a B737 type on it..

But hey still not one interview after 178 Cvs sent all around Europe..One airline recruiting told me I had to fly on my licence first...well guys I might as well enjoy my time off the flight deck and do some free fall jumping....I wont forget the green book to be placed under my feet to log some more...

Tailwinds:}

matthias
9th Sep 2003, 12:29
Ohh boy!

Flyer 75. You are telling me with all that experience you can't get an interview. Are you currently flying?

I'm a Captain on a EMB 145 in the USA with plenty of time and just got the JAA licence (f ATPL CPL/IR) so I can finally go back home to Europe. No Chance?
Hmmm-was this whole conversion a waste?:yuk:

Best of luck!!!

flyer75
10th Sep 2003, 00:56
Hi Mattias,

If I were you I would stand still in the States..keep your great job for a while longer..

I am done with sending application,224 in total..including small airlines in Gabon...

I just sent them but the market is not great yet...
But as you must have time on Embraers 145,I thing you should buy JP Airline fleets,Its a great book with all the airlines in the world listed with what equipment they fly,you could start by sending CVs to airlines with Embraers 135/145..

All the best to you,

Flyer 75

matthias
10th Sep 2003, 02:27
Hi Flyer75

Thanks for the tip. Best of luck with your job hunt :ok:

matthias

flaps to 60
10th Sep 2003, 03:30
A & C

I agree thing are looking up!

I have just been taken on after many years unemployed and it feels great.

Flyer 75

Things are still a little slow but the general consensus is that its on the up.

The people that are getting the jobs are either 200hr intergrated course chaps or the friend of a friend in the right place.

I can recommend from my own experience get to know some lads in your target airlines and get them to slip your CV where appropiate. It's a large percentage of the interview process over and done with!

A personal recommendation is worth at least an extra one or two zeros on the end of your hours and in todays climate CP's want some one who a mate is prepared to stick their necks on the line for becuase he will fit in and succeed.

Matthias

Have you tried Jetmagic in Ireland. From what i've heard they're about to take on a lot more routes and therefore aircraft.

Good luck lads:ok: