PDA

View Full Version : UK Simulator Training

Captain Frangible
3rd Sep 2003, 21:46
Hi all,

Having just this year qualified for a ATPL(a) with MCC I really want to spend some hours each month maintaining familiarity with procedures and the feel of a good jet simulator...just incase that elusive interview Sim-check should pop up when I am least expecting it as these things often have a habit of doing.

So I am looking for a list of places where I, and a co-pilot, or me on my own can hire a simulator for a few hours now and then.

I would prefer a Boeing 737 simulator, but am open to suggestions. Is there a website that lists these places?

or do you have a recommendation for me? I live in the South of England near Farnborough Airport, but I would travel for the best training I could get.

No. 2
3rd Sep 2003, 22:23
Captain Frangible,

London Guildhall University have a simulator that you can hire. I've just found the link for you here (http://www.lgu.ac.uk/ca/courses/ast300.html) .

Well done on getting your fATPL.

No. 2

B737 trainer
4th Sep 2003, 03:20
Captain F,

You have e-mail.

N14HK
4th Sep 2003, 06:20
CF, I'm in exactly the same boat as you, so I will be watching this thread with interest.

A 737 would be the logical choice, but expensive one I fear.

Guildhall's fixed-base sim is appealing pricewise, but to prepare for a sim check (i.e. manually flown), how much use will it be?

I did my MCC in European's L10-11 (one hellava beastie!); it might be appropriate. Every I know who did there MCC in it has passed the sim check, those who were lucky enough to get one that is!. www.european-simulators.com I think. They also have a 727 sim, but the last thing I heard it was out of action.

The £70 ph Trident sim is a possibility:

www.tridentsim.com

Does anyone know what the going rate is for a 737 sim?

oxford blue
4th Sep 2003, 15:32
Oxford has a B737 sim which is available when not being used by OAT students. Don't know the price, though.

Oxford Blue (OAT Instructor)

boeingbus2002
5th Sep 2003, 05:53
Im sure you mean a Frasca 737 Generic sim!!
Wouldnt want to mis lead the punters now!

FougaMagister
8th Sep 2003, 22:10
Let's not get there AGAIN! The Oxford B737-400 FNPT II rents for 280/hour (140 shared), they don't seem to work week-ends.

There is also a good old DC9-32 full airline sim at Flytsim at High Wycombe that rents for 200/hour (100 shared). If interested, PM me so I can look up their tel. no.

Cheers