PDA

View Full Version : What are they thinking?

iMad
2nd Sep 2003, 23:38
Just watched the HKG news and of course the "two-eyed" typhoon is grabbing all the headlines. The TV is showing angry people congregating at the airport counters pointing at girls in red uniform with the shark's fin logo in the background and involved in what seems to be "loud conversations" with the poor check-in staff.

Then without a doubt there's this compulsary interview with the i-paid-for-my-ticket-so-i-deserve-to-have-the-world-served-on-a-silver-platter-to-me-type of SLFs...and surprise surprise!! what did they say?

"I'm FURIOUS that the airline is making us wait here..."
"I expect the airline to put me in a hotel room..."
"They should've called us to let us know that our flight is not taking off..."

I'm sorry, but am I the only one whose sick and tired of these sort of people? What makes you think just because you've paid for your (probably rock-bottom-priced) ticket that you should not be affected by natural meteorlogical events?? Its fair enough if the airline has mucked up the schedule, but a typhoon??
Yeah right, hotel rooms....pah! 200+ flights affected and you expect a hotel room? (Worst thing is most of these people probably LIVE in HKG) Let's just say that only half the flights were affected....100 flights x 300 pax per flight....that's 30000 rooms!!!!
You should feel lucky you're stranded in an airport as nice as the one in HKG mate!!

Another thing is, these same individuals will probably NEVER even think of asking the ferry company, for example, for a hotel room if they got stuck in Macau, or ask a bus company to call you before your bus ride into China to tell you that its not happening. But why not? By the same reasoning, you've bought a ticket, you're affected by the typhoon, you can't get to your destination....shouldn't you ask them for compensation as well? How come airlines are are supposed to do all that for you?

I honestly rarely get this ticked off, but in this case, am I the only one out here?

A/T less
3rd Sep 2003, 03:14
dude, are you sure you only "rarely" get ticked off?? :O

laury
3rd Sep 2003, 08:03
Was it a full moon last night?