PDA

View Full Version : FI's

Tonic Please
1st Sep 2003, 19:32
Bit of a lazy mans question, but out of curiousity, is there any way that the training ontop of my PPL to become a flying instructor will be paid for?

I work full time, and enjoy my job (keyboard demo man in a music shop with Yamaha), and get a buzz etc, but are there 'sponsorships' for such courses like airlines do/did?

Smooth skies,

Dan

NB: I'm not lazy ;)

carbonfibre
1st Sep 2003, 19:43
Tonic,

The only sponsorship deals that i know off along that route are not strictly paid for but assistance along the way is available of one sort or another.

Cabair did a sponsorship deal for FI's at one point , do not know if this is still the case with the state of the market, also try EFT and comair academy in FL they offer the internship type programs where you can go 0-ATPL with 1500 hours but limited on the pay i think, just enough to cover food and board type thing.

Aeros in Glouster had an ad in pilot about 4 months ago , for 1 place i think, but sure to be well contested and gone by now, try the aviation magazines like, Pilot, flyer and flight international, also keep an eye on this web site for info.

Hope this helps

:ok: