PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Dutyfree

tarjet fixated
1st Sep 2003, 08:14
I know this is not the right forum for this subject but i didn't quite know where to place it...so please you do it.

I will be overnighting in DXB in a few days and wanted to know if i can shop at the dutyfree even on arrival or is it only on departure?moreover, are there any crew shops or any special discounts for us drivers?to be more specific i'm interested in wrist watches.....

thank you guys for your help.

Ttree Ttrimmer
1st Sep 2003, 15:15
Alcohol, somking matter, perfumes and gifts are available on arrival along with a token gesture of other electronics etc but nothing major. You may be able to get someone to price it for you on the way in if you know what you are after though.

Discount is available to airlines that operate through the airport and possibly other majors but ID, as usual, is required. Some of the downtown prices can be very reasonable though, hence the price check comment, but watch out for the guarantee.

Colonel Klink
2nd Sep 2003, 04:52
The Dubai Duty free has got everything, especially gold and watches. In fact the shopping is so good, I know a guy who picked up his current girlfriend there!!

Dan Winterland
2nd Sep 2003, 06:13
10% staff discount when in uniform and on production of ID.

GlueBall
2nd Sep 2003, 09:26
And if you feel lucky you may also want to buy a raffle ticket for one of those exotic cars usually on display.
:cool:

Kestrel
2nd Sep 2003, 14:42
They even gave me discount in civvies,on production of my ID

ebbr2
3rd Sep 2003, 18:05
What do you mean duty free??

It's a big mal with all luxury goods, but if you look at those prices, it's no such thing as DUTY FREE

tarjet fixated
3rd Sep 2003, 18:30
Allright guys...i'm leaving tomorrow and your comments are a bit conflicting,in the meanwhile they changed slightly my roster and i will be spending time both in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and i'm looking for Rolex watches so please give me some good advice on where to buy and price convenience.
Thanks!