PDA

View Full Version : More Eastern at ABZ

Findo
30th Aug 2003, 00:35
Eastern are to start 3 times a day ABZ to Bristol according to their winter timetable.

Is this the longest distance J31 schedule ?

Data Dad
30th Aug 2003, 03:10
Was told that this was going to be a J41 service....

'PlaneHappy
30th Aug 2003, 17:55
Or indeed the ERJ, although probably not.

Whatever the aircraft, it is certainly great news for ABZ and BRS! Will the services be non-stop? Will they operate on the weekend?

MerchantVenturer
30th Aug 2003, 19:18
Until BACX pulled the ABZ/BRS route last year they (and before them Brymon) operated it with DH 8s via NCL, with one rotation via MAN at various times, but the MAN route never seemed to succeed, partly I suspect because of its lunchtime timing (no good for business pax going to MAN from BRS or vice versa).

easyJet has taken over the BRS-NCL route and BACX is to withdraw from it in October. Air Southwest has announced a new BRS-MAN route (3 x daily with DH 8s) so MAN and NCL appear to be 'non starters' for an intermediate stop.

Do Eastern already servce LBA from ABZ? If not that could prove a possibility for an intermediate stop. Last year BACX operated BRS-LBA with J 41s, but the route was not given enough time to settle down before BA got rid of their 41s to Eastern and chopped the route.

ABZ-BRS is certainly a long way in a J 41, but much better than no route at all!

highlandman
31st Aug 2003, 00:47
hello!!!

My understanding is that the route will be non-stop to BRS, and the aircraft use should be a J 41, even if at the beginning a J 32 may be use.
It is a long route, around 1hr 30 min but for the pax it is still better than a stop in the middle.
Wish us luck, and thanks Findo for the info!!!
:ok:

goatface
31st Aug 2003, 05:00
Let it be the J41, the 32 is a heap of junk and not remotely suitable for a route like BRS - ABZ.

Of course the EMB135 would be ideal, but I don't think that the initial load factors would justify the cost of operating it on the route, nor could EZE possibly gamble on losing the NWI - ABZ route to BMI completely, (unless they sub charted another one from the Nogs).

BAe 146-100
31st Aug 2003, 05:48
Hi,

highlandman,

It is a long route, around 1hr 30 min but for the pax it is still better than a stop in the middle.

One of the longest Jetstream 41 services in the world is 2 hours 30 minutes long, (Johannesburg - Plettenberg Bay) is operated by South African Airlink.

BAe 146-100 :)

MD11FAN
31st Aug 2003, 21:46
About 3 years ago, I flew Manchester to Billund(Denmark) on a Sun air(BA franchise) J41. The flight took @ 2 hrs. They also occasionally schedule J31s on this service. Is this the longest scheduled Jetstream sector in Europe?

BAe 146-100
31st Aug 2003, 22:18
Hi,

MD11FAN, Manchester to Billund is operated by the BAe J41 and BAe ATP. BA8246 departs MAN at 9.05 it is a Monday - Friday service and is operated by the BAe J41. BA8248 departs MAN at 18.15 and is a daily service except Saturday and is operated by the BAe ATP.

BAe 146-100