PDA

View Full Version : Any reconvertion in Canada

Flavour
29th Aug 2003, 20:45
Hi I'm looking for a flying school able to provide French/ Canadian licences convertion stage.
Any details are welcome
Thanx

Randy_g
29th Aug 2003, 22:51
It's a big country, with a few hundred flight schools. Is there a preference to where in the country you want to train ?? If you want to train in your native language, you might try doing a search for flight schools in the Montreal area. If you want mountain flyining experience look anywhere in British Columbia, or in the Calgary, Red Deer area.

As I mentioned in another thread, Canada has many inexperienced pilots, and very few jobs for low time pilots. Our flag carrier is in bankruptcy protection, and won't be hiring for awhile.

So unless you have a few thousand hours, and are type rated on Beech 1900's or larger a/c, you may find it nearly impossible to find work. Assuming of course that you have the right to live and work in Canada.

Cheers

Flavour
30th Aug 2003, 05:45
Thanx
I already got a job in France (1000 hours, pa31, sa226)
But I want to follow my wife at Vancouver.

Cockatoo
30th Aug 2003, 22:10
Maybe a better option for you as a pilot would be to stick it out for a while...Keep that nice job you have and triple those hours then once you have command time on the S226, following your wife will be a little easier for you...

You can come now but you will be unemployed garanteed...

Cheers

Flavour
30th Aug 2003, 23:33
Thanx for this wise advice.