PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair job offers / Stapleford Flight Centre Advance MCC course

Swiss Tony
27th Aug 2003, 16:43
Hi all,

I will be undertaking my commercial flying training at Stapleford Flight Centre next year and was informed by their marketing department of the advanced (Jet sim) MCC in Dublin which is run by / in conjuntion with Aer Lingus and Ryanair.

I was further informed that in the past Ryanair have invited the top so-many from the course to attend selection and most of these have been offered jobs - providing that you pay for a type rating (may involve a bond with them if you don't have the cash).

Does any one know anything about this and could shed some light on this?

Many thanks,

no sponsor
27th Aug 2003, 19:20
Other schools will say the same sort of thing. I believe its called marketing. Take it all with a pinch of salt, and keep your eyes open.

ESSEX BOY
28th Aug 2003, 04:02
The advanced MCC course is with a company called AVTEC, supplied through Stapleford.

However the course is run mainly by Aer Lingus pilots/(ex)pilots, and thats about it !!!

no link with the airlines what-so-ever, only some pilots ... and they do say its not what you know, but who ! And the same as most MCC courses they will try and help you find a job ??? if your lucky and impress them !

The Head of Training of Stapleford works for Ryanair, this may have caused some confusion.

Generally i found all the Stapleford courses are top quality, and quite importantly in my case cheap (er) ! I don't no if the name Oxford on the CV means anything any more ? and im pretty sure Cabair doesn't !

Good luck with course, im sure you will enjoy it, good bunch of instructors !!!

;)

Slim20
28th Aug 2003, 04:39
The old SFT in Bournemouth used to do their MCC on the inhouse TriStar simulators at European Air Charter. I was also spun the same line (The top such and such will be selected for interview at European blah blah blah...)

Needless to say nothing ever happened...