PDA

View Full Version : Ctc Good Ctc Bad

Ethansa
22nd Aug 2003, 03:52
AS IM ABOUT TO EMBARK ON THE 3RD STAGE OF CTC MCALPINE'S SELECTION PROCESS. DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE MENTAL ARITHMETIC OR HAND-EYE-FOOT TEST. HOW IS ONE SUPPOSED TO PRACTICE THE LATTER???

I UNDERSTAND ITS GCSE STANDARDS, BUT TO WHAT EXTENT?

p.s ALSO HAVE THE OAT TESTS SOON. NEED HELP.

THANKYOU KINDLY TO THOSE WHO REPLY.....

N14HK
24th Aug 2003, 22:17
I'm not familiar with the GCSE "HAND-EYE-FOOT TEST" - could you elaborate?

[sorry]

Chuffer Chadley
25th Aug 2003, 00:21
Ethansa

The nature of the CTC tests is such that you should not be able to prepare for them, so don't bother trying.

Also, it is normal to use lower case in these forums, as upper case implies shouting. It's much easier on the eye this way.

Cheerio
CC

Future Pundit
25th Aug 2003, 03:34
What is CTC. I have never heard of it? Sounds like another hurdle.

Regis Potter
26th Aug 2003, 01:52
Whilst on the subject of CTC, does anyone have any feedback regarding the ab-initio flight training phase? Am I correct saying that it's conducted in N.Z? What a/c type etc.

Thanks.

onehunga
27th Aug 2003, 18:41
Regis,

I think the training in NZ undertaken by CTC (and through their training partner there ) is in relation to the Easyjet self sponsorship scheme. A search will enlighten you as there have been lots and lots of debates about the merits of this.

mbcxharm
28th Aug 2003, 15:05
For info on the New Zealand side of things:

http://www.mcalpine-training.com

and

http://www.simuflight.co.nz

waffles
28th Aug 2003, 21:26
ctc mcalpine is a training organisation.
The new easyjet sponsorship is running and v. good

It is in New Zealand, Ardmore Airfield (new zealand's busiest aerodrome) just south of auckland.

DC20 Katanas are used for initial training then DV40 (new diesel engine prop aircraft) for instrument.

Basically, full new zealand ppl is done then multi, crew cooperation and cpl phases. ATPL theory is done during the flying and alot of flying is provided.

Advanced training (type rating) is done back in UK. Then over 7 years working for easyjet, an initial bond is paid off to complete payment of the training. It's quite complicated but it's on the CTC McAlpine website.

I have found no problems to date with the course and no catches.

Best way to becoming an airline pilot at the moment.

Ethansa
29th Aug 2003, 02:34
firstly the hand-foot is where they test your coordination and thats not gcse, the other stuff is.

secondly the way in which you can prepare is maths and physics but what im asking is what type of maths and physics and what other type of questions.

thankyou for the info aboutthe couse most helpful.

any more insight would be great.:D

olly
29th Aug 2003, 02:54
I was looking at CTC scheme but I’m a bit wary of applying, as the only flight experience I have is 1hour trial flight :( . What I want to know is if I’m at a greater disadvantage from those have a ppl.

Regards,

Olly

Rod Eddington
29th Aug 2003, 03:20
Olly

If the reason you have only 1 hour is because that is all you've been able to get (eg cos you cant afford any more - flying is v expensive!) then apply, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you only have 1 hour because you aren't motivated and would rather blow all your money on beer then still apply but you probably wont get in.

I have 2 hours.

Cheers,
Rod:ok:

Wing_Bound_Vortex
30th Aug 2003, 04:43
olly - apply and see how you go, you'll never know otherwise!

Flight hours don't matter, i know guys that have got through with a couple of hours air experience and one with over 500 hours. Though as has been said if you've not got the hours cuz you've just been blowing it on beer money then your motivation for a flying job is a little suspect.....

Computer aptitude tests are at stage 2 and most of them you can't plan in advance for, though brush up on long devision and multiplication for the maths test, not too hard in themselves but against the clock which adds to the pressure.

Is a fantastic scheme and as has been said, is really the only full sponsorship scheme around at the mo

cheers :ok:

wbv

MonarchA330
30th Aug 2003, 04:54
Heya,
Ive just been thru the whole application process and have been offered a place to start out in NZ in the near future.

As regards your question Olly, one of the guys who got the place at the same time as me had had absolutely no flying experience before.

As for the stage 2, there is really no way you can prepare for it, maybe apart from brushing up on your basic maths (times tables and long division and multiplication)

The hand, foot eye co ordination test is exactly that. There is no way you can prepare for it. As they say themselves, you either got it in you or you dont.

Anyways, all the best to you all, pls feel free to message me if you have any quesitons