PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AVIANCA Pilots On Strike
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2017, 12:44
Medellinexpat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pilots were meant to have returned to work yesterday, Monday, a Colombian holiday. On the disciplinary action the press here was no more detailed about it although it did state that they would have their ‘rights’ protected.
The pilots probably folded as by local law after 60 days of striking they would have been forced into compulsory arbitration. I do not know what timeline has to pass before the pilots could strike again but one wonders if management might be trying to head that off at the pass by issuing some sort of warning to the returning pilots about striking again? Speculation I know but managements problem is that the pilots have returned, but there’s been no agreement.

Wamos flew the outsourced Cali-Madrid flight last night (despite crews in theory now being available) so how long that agreement continues will be interesting.

I haven’t heard anything recently about Avianca’s plans to link up with United or Avianca’s various investors/owners being in conflict over that proposed arrangement. Another strike could be embarrassing...