PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Human Factors in aircraft maintenance
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2017, 08:56
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 110 Likes on 77 Posts
If you are entering the training world, it's not a bad idea to offer your students the opportunity to do some personal research into other sectors where "Human Factors" have played a prominent role in accidents / incidents.

Get them to present their findings and then move on to correlating the overlapping areas that induced the errors. This way, they get a much broader understanding of the significance of "Human Factors" rather than concentrating on purely aviation related issues.

A key point here however is to stress to your students, that, the intent of getting them to do the research themselves is not to abrogate your responsibility as a trainer, it's to enable them to become personally involved in the learning process with no detriment to themselves.

Have a look, if you don't already practice these, at Evidence Based Training, Virtual Learning and Facilitation techniques in respect of student development.

The only reason a lecture becomes boring is when the trainer makes it boring, usually with minimal class interaction and involvement plus the use of "Death by Powerpoint" as the sole means (PP has a use as part of integrated learning I hasten to add ) of presenting the subject.

Feel free to PM me if you would be interested in learning more about my suggestions.

Last edited by Krystal n chips; 17th Oct 2017 at 09:32.