PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 16th Oct 2017, 19:47
maverick175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been here with FlyDubai for a bit and after reading your post and response to another colleague regarding training, id like to provide you with more input about it. The company overall has its pros and cons like every airline does and the people on the line are generally all very cool and fun to fly with. However, training lately with CAE has been disgraceful. The three guys that were mentioned in the post that resigned earlier this summer in training were actually quite sharp and experienced. I had a chance to meet them during their training through another mutual friend. The instructor who gave them a hard time during training is the head of training at CAE and honestly he is a @ss for sure. He has failed many other pilots here at FZ during recurrent and two of these pilots filed a complaint against him with FZ and CAE corporate as he made racist remarks to them in the training which of course nobody accepts and used abusive language and created a hostile environment with them three. I am not surprised by that as i said I know few other FZ pilots who went through recurrent with him and they had the same experience. I just dont know why he is still instructing our pilots as he is a disgrace. The three pilots resigned were all from USA surprisingly and they each had 4k-5k total time with multiple type ratings each and were flying for US airlines back in the US, in fact one of them was already typed on the 737. So it is a total shame that we lost quality pilots because losing 3-4 pilots in a week for the same reason indicates a flaw in the CAE training program. Like my colleague above said, the instructor and the head of CAE there are all idiots apart from maybe few. There there just to get paid and check the box for you to show up to the training session. And honestly, they clearly make it clear to you that we are not here to spoonfeed or teach, just read the manuals and we can only guide you. So yes for someone who is not used to that, they will not like it here. So my best advice if you do come, just make sure you read the manuals and do everything by the book so nobody can point you out. And if you have that racist instructor from CAE, and you will know who he is as he is quite famous here for that, just do as he says and dont argue with him cause if you do he will make sure you wont go forward and will make it personal grudge against you, and find a reason to fail you out, like he did with pilots earlier this summer. Other than that the company itself is super nice and our CP is wonderful, its just i wish that soon they will have their in house training rather than relying on those idiots at CAE.