PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 15th Oct 2017, 09:07
Underrated and Moderated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks ..... thanks for all the responses. Really appreciate the time.

Will look at a few other areas as suggested. I was thinking I would need some additiona time to get sorted before the family joined me. I wonder what thentime span is from “Job offer “ to “Get your arse down here and start a course...!”??

Somewhat shocked to read people have quit during the TR at CAE due to abuse etc. Now, I have to say, I have been on initial type ratings where twice, people have wound the instructors up to the point of them letting rip.....first time, was on the Citation Sovereign where two guys talked and discussed in their native tongue, through the written exam. I was angry....as it was off putting and unnecessary....however, the instructor was livid and made them sit it again...different papers though and at different times and, the second time was on the Challenger initial I did where the guy I was with, refused to adhere to a particular procedure or checklist and got all shi**y about it when the sim instructor told him he had to do it a particular way. That was a case of the guy thinking he knew better ..... and didn’t....and I ended up telling the guy that if we wanted to get through the checkride, he’d better pull his socks up and do what was needed. What I am getting at is, maybe the guys getting abuse hurled at them, were not listening/paying attention....maybe they had literally wound the instructor up the point of “BOOM”?? Just interested....as I happen to know a couple of guys at CAE and neither are in any way, impatient and short tempered and take their job seriously...trying to ensure people have the required knowledge and beyond??

Thanks all