PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Cans A380 Tasman Flights to Auckland
Old 13th Oct 2017, 07:53
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would imagine JC management is controlled by QF management who pay the bills and will get what they want.
As CEO of Disconnect Mr Paul Daff stated in in testimony to Fair Work Australia,

SC MOSES:So there's a letter of retainer between Jetconnect and that (law) firm?

CEO DAFF: 'I wouldn't say there's a letter of retainer, but we paid the bills. The bills came and we paid them.'

MOSES: Who paid the bills?

DAFF: We process the bills in our office and they get paid ultimately by Qantas.

MOSES: Qantas pay the bills?

DAFF: Well, Qantas pays all our bills, yes

He was as you said Mr Joyce; 'having a bad day'

Disconnect (I like that) commenced operations from the Ashes of Ansett New Zealand. It started as a labour hire company, reflected in the financial statements.

It quickly morphed into:

'The operation and management of aircraft to fulfill a schedule of trans Tasman commercial passenger flights.'

It is just a matter of convincing the IR department that their Jetconnect "win" in 2011 will be undone by what you are suggesting and the fact that Qantas has just employed a floor of Freehill people to replace Sue Bussell means their antagonistic approach to IR is not about to change anytime soon
That is a succinct statement, whilst it makes no commercial sense and as an 'airline' has few assets and not even a fuel bill, IR/HR will ensure that no expense is spared to save labour unit cost, whether it makes economic sense or not..

Last edited by Rated De; 13th Oct 2017 at 07:55. Reason: typo