PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 12th Oct 2017, 15:13
Underrated and Moderated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for this HE.

To be fair, as a Corporate jockey, I've spent most of my flying career, being away for weeks at a time and then getting a few days off between....and sometimes longer. However, whilst that can work well....and the time off is great, the time ON again, is filled with dread, as you go on to fly crazy long days (due to lack of regulatory authority.....I pulled 30-40 hour long days without rest, more times than I would like to think about)...have no idea when you are getting home....cant book holiday at all....so it's all horses for courses. As I have said previously, I believe that you need to go into these things with your eyes open. Sure, it's not perfect...show me a job that is and I will show you a waiting list of applicants to get into it, as high as the Empire State Building! Getting home every day is appealing.

Any idea what routes are rumoured? European?? More Far East? Just interested.

Seems to me....go in...pay your dues...move up the ranks slowly, but surely and have a rethink after 3 years if it isn't for you?? At least there are other opportunities in the Far East then...?