PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legality of Amy Johnson Initiative - Equality Act 2010
Old 11th Oct 2017, 18:16
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daysleeper, the point I was making wasn't based on how many male/female pilots there are. It was based on the fact that Rottweiler suggested that cadets matching a certain demographic were treated more favourably than others when they didn't meet the required standard during the course. I don't know the detail of how things actually turned out, I wasn't there.

What I was saying is that in my opinion, the AAIB report should have gone into much more detail as to the cadet's training records, especially when the landings were described as "inconsistent" and additional training was provided. Look at the detail the Kos report went into regarding performance during training, after a tailstrike which was preceded by "inconsistent" landing technique. This would certainly help determine the accuracy of what has been suggested.

Personally, with regards to opportunities in aviation, I'm in favour of equality for all, with no special treatment for anyone on the grounds of gender or race.

Last edited by Chris the Robot; 11th Oct 2017 at 18:27.