PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legality of Amy Johnson Initiative - Equality Act 2010
Old 10th Oct 2017, 22:22
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't help but despise positive discrimination. It creates so much animosity, especially when people are getting jobs, promotions, schemes, etc, based on their gender or skin colour. Knocking-back better candidates because of something out of their control. I'd back a law outlawing any form of discrimination. Positive or negative. Scheme open to this gender, society open to this race, club open to this colour... Get rid of it all. Everyone should have the same selection, the same chances, and the best should win. I'm all up for more fully-sponsored schemes, but give them to the best candidates, not the best women. That's my penny's worth anyway.
Just as for years, many of these same groups despised the negative discrimination. It takes a long time to redress the balance, and the aim of positive discrimination is to accelerate the process of redress. The more successful that process, the earlier it does become unnecessary. It is easy to proclaim you are “the best” when historically, your particular section of society may have been afforded the lions share of available opportunities at any given level.