PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - List of flight schools worth visiting?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2017, 22:28
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Parson
Nursing is a good back up career to have as I imagine you can do bank shifts (if that is still what they are called) as and when suits you through your flying training - assuming you are going modular.
It used to be.... until the UK government came up with a good idea that to get more nurses or to encourage them to do more work, they'd 1) put in a pay cap for the last 7-8 years, 2) withdraw the bursary from nursing, 3) put in a pay cap for agency worker rates, and 4) limit what nurses can claim tax allowance for. Yay!!

To give you an idea, agency pay went down by more than a third in about a span of 6-8 months....

Originally Posted by P40Warhawk
BAA is growing and is a good school.
Plus they have programs with Wizz Air and Smartlynx. Which means after training you will have a job with one of those airlines.
Originally Posted by Groundloop
However they appear to have some strange ideas!!
Well, my gripe with BAA is just the slow response time from their rep, but I'm told these are growing pains at the moment? But yeah, their cadet schemes are what puts them on the list for me. As for their strange ideas, well, that has nothing to do with training so I'm not worried. The "managers" for healthcare has some strange ideas as well.... see above!

Originally Posted by parkfell
Dundee worth a closer look for those of thinking modular route......
Do you mean Tayside Aviation?