PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2017, 14:48
Peta2404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Domestic international

Originally Posted by showgirl
Awesome! Thanks, so glad I found this thread. I'm also pretty confused about what I have actually applied for, lol. The original link I followed was for Sydney base, FY17 and international/domestic. So being clueless originally I thought that might mean they train you for both and you get a mix. Now I've heard that you're actually trained for a specific aircraft though so you would be domestic OR international? Anyone have any ideas?
I’ve been flying for just over 6 month. And am endorsed on the 737 only. You get trained/endorsed on a particular aircraft. Domestic (VAA) are the 737 they can also short haul international flights eg DPS, POM etc (after 6 month probation). 777 (VAI) do the LA flights, Airbus do Hong Kong. So It all depends on your base too. ie.Hong Kong is only from Melbourne at the moment. There is also VANZ for the New Zealand crew. All depends what part of Virgin you are being employed by.
When I applied I assumed I’d be doing all ports but unfortunately not, unless you get called out as relief crew. I’ve done 3 NZ flights.

Good luck everyone. Don’t give up. This job is amazing. I absolutely love it. Hope to see you in the skies soon. 👩🏼*✈️✈️