PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legality of Amy Johnson Initiative - Equality Act 2010
Old 2nd Oct 2017, 06:21
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issue with women is not financial in all cases, it's the about social constructs regarding the role of women in our society, and some argue biological pre dispositions. Meaning, young girls aren't told they can, instead it's seen as a man's job. And girls in general prefer social sciences when studying. We risk getting into a modern feminism Vs second wave feminism debate, and that gets messy.
I feel that infantilises women, and as Officer kite pointed out, it's patronising. But if you are a man and you point out the hypocrisies, you are quickly shot down and told you are mansplaining, so this sort of thing goes unchallenged. When I finished my training, the girls in my school were the very first to be hired and all are captains now, I'm still looking for my first job. To our surprise, they weren't the top performers either so excuse my cynicism, I don't believe that in 2017 women are stopped from being pilots, its a choice.