PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2017, 11:00
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN-EWR

Personally,I think it's pretty equal odds whether United pull the route, continue with a B757 until they are retired, or introduce a larger aircraft, and I've no specific information.

The figures do suggest that UA has suffered over the summer due to increased competition, but loads haven't fallen over a cliff by any means.

Dobbo has a point in that the LF in January this year was 90% and only marginally less in February. What will happen this winter on NY with TCX operating flights as well as VS remains to be seen.

OltonPete, I appreciate seat plans are only a guide but from frequent reviews of both MAN & BHX on the morning of departures, I would suggest that MAN does rather better in the 16 J class seats. I know there are various qualifications re loyalty and free upgrades, discounted business fares that may be available etc. that affect yield but if MAN does better in J, it may well be a decisive factor despite the limited number of seats.

My observations indicated that Economy plus varies considerably but I agree BHX often got more patronage at the back.