PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missed Approach - when to climb?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2017, 09:41
Virtually There

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the first and second points, correct. I quoted the reg and that contains provisions for both aid failure and going out of tolerance. I went back to one of the sources I obtained this from to clarify under what circumstances it was being proposed, and then relayed that here in relation to going out of tolerance at or after the FAF.

To the last point, you don't necessarily have gear and flap down if you are expecting a circling approach at the other end, so there might not be the need to reconfigure. This would be true if you were expecting to circle to the opposite runway upon breaking visual.

If the missed approach includes an immediate climb - as the majority have interpreted here - then you are obviously correct. And that was really the whole point of this thread. No-one was arguing you continue down; the argument was simply if you go out of tolerance and must execute a missed approach as per the regs, can you level out and fly to the MAPt and continue your climb there? Legally, there doesn't appear to be anything preventing this. Though many here have argued the opposite, based on their interpretation the regs.

Like I said earlier, I don't really want to flog a dead horse as pretty much everything that can be said on the subject has been said. I was just getting a bit testy towards the end because a couple of people were being rude. It wasn't my intention to keep going on and on.