PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard technique for settling with power?
Old 12th Sep 2017, 19:23
FlimsyFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hughes500
Flimsey

I assume the altimeter is on QNH in which case your instructor is not a wise man demonstrating VRS with less than 1500 ft underneath him.
In fact presumably not in VRS but IVRS
Hello Hughes. It's over a year ago, when I was probably at about 120hrs TT, so the whole thing was quite daunting to be honest.

Screenshot would suggest QNH on steam gauge and QFE on PFD. As to competence of the instructor, I'm led to believe he's got a pretty solid reputation here and in the States, but maybe that's the RHC viewpoint and not that of the wider industry.

If you're able to view the video I posted, you'll see the VT nips the 2200fpm rate of descent in the bud almost immediately.

I'm obviously a simpleton, but do you suggest that this is not developed VRS, even at that rate of descent and what seemed like serious vibration and instability?

I'm not being facetious, just trying to draw my own conclusions presented with a differing set of 'facts' to deal with.

EDIT - I guess whether 2200fpm qualifies as IVRS or VRS or FDVRS, it's still a bad do if it happens at 100ft...

Last edited by FlimsyFan; 12th Sep 2017 at 19:41. Reason: Addition