PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAX and SFO
Thread: LAX and SFO
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2017, 21:53
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I can't believe this is true"..... How long have you been here...?? Let me lay this out for you: CX gets challenged by some of it's employees. CX then gets a group of psychologists and managers together to design and implement a strategy to regain the upper hand. In this case, they know that all of the other CX pilots on US bases will put pressure on the few who have launched the legal action to rescind said action (something I have heard they will not consider). CX would rather close all the bases than have their employees winning lawsuits in each jurisdiction. Even though there is a cost benefit to basing's for the company, CX cares more about 'control' than 'cost'. They would shut the bases down if they felt it helped promote their overall agenda. In case it has been missed, many basing slots have been vacated, through resignations and retirements. The company doesn't seem that interested in filling them, so you can draw your own conclusion about their end game for the basing concept. Frankly, if anyone is holding out for a base, I suggest they go to work for a company in their home country. Otherwise, you will be a poor, miserable and bitter pilot in HK on local terms. Something to look forward to. The best time to get out is always soonest....as those that leave ahead of you will be senior to you in the new airline. CX is done, and all they need to do is turn the lights out.