PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airventure Australia bans AvPlan from attending? Really?
Old 8th Aug 2017, 12:59
MilFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
MilFlyer

Do you have any pecuniary interest or employment or corporate management role in either OzR, AvP or the Airventure organisation? I don't.

I'm just trying to work out the motivations for your outrage on this.
Me neither. Take a wild stab in the dark from my name where my interests are

I just *know* this kind of bull**** isn't normal. To pretend that OzRunways is some kind of White knight savior is equally dumb.

It is *NOT* normal for this to occur at trade shows in aviation or other businesses. I'm simply asking if this was the stupidity of the organisers of the show (did they OFFER this or did OzRunways request it )

It seems that the ShagPile bloke is connected to OzRunways so he can answer this question.

Most that talk about "sponsorship offering" have clearly never attended a trade show. It doesn't work like that. There are sponsorship levels that you can purchase. They pretty much *NEVER* offer an exclusion of other businesses. If you disagree with this statement, please link some media kits from another event that describes it.

So, back to my question.

Did AirVenture Australia OFFER to exclude the competitors of the major sponsor, or did OzRunways request it?

Simple question, no?

Originally Posted by Shagpile
We have been advised by the organisers that yes sponsorship was offered and was declined.
That's not how it works, and for you to suggest otherwise is demonstrably false. Are you suggesting AvPlan were informed 'Would you like to be the premier sponsor, if not you can't even have a booth'? No, you aren't because I'm willing to bet a substantial amount of money that that's false.

Originally Posted by Shagpile
We've been fielding calls from industry all day over this rock show of misinformation & propaganda, and it's put the entire airshow at risk.
Of course. The RAAF Roulettes are about to pull out on the basis of your PR stuff-up. I call bull****. The show will go ahead with or without you. You know that. I know that. AirVentures know that.

Shagpile, just answer this:

Did AirVenture Australia OFFER to exclude the competitors of the major sponsor, or did OzRunways request it?

Last edited by MilFlyer; 8th Aug 2017 at 13:11.