PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 11th Jul 2017, 17:22
costalpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FIRESYSOK
'Twas night? Someone posted an altitude plot that read 200'. How tall are those 787 tails? How low do the undercarriage hang?
scary rather than a ho hum go around, i would say.

a story went around back in the day that a certain Captain in our regional airline landed on one end of a taxiway in Atl one night, picked up the mike and asked the tower why another aircraft was on the other end of the active runway. then the other pilot said: "I wasnt going to say anything Southern, but you just landed on the taxiway." the story sounded like something the Sou pilot would have said,(in character). if it happened. dont think it made hard copy. not sure.

otoh, I will never forget seeing two stretch 8's in exactly the same attitude on the same runway in the midst of a moderate rain shower, one landing, one taking off, both otg with the same pitch up.

it was eerie. no one said a word.

also I was on a runway holding for TO at a SFla. airport one VFR day and a C-150 flew fight over me and landed down the runway.