PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopean infos.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2017, 19:59
dignified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survey of African jobs

Questions for you foreign and local drivers based in Ethiopia:

1. What are the requirements at ETH or level of education in Ethiopia to become Chief Pilot or V.P Ops? The exiled pilot in Basle, Switzerland claims that these individuals are nothing but monkeys even when they wear a suit, true?

2. Is the ECAA another branch of Ethiopian or are they enforcing the rules and regulations? Several reports have been filed with U.S FDO's about duty and flying time limitation violations. EASA and U.K inspectors are weary of African airliners.

3. Is it true the Pilot Union president was caught on camera in the pool in LAX drunk and sodomising one of his F/A's? Did he get fired? Reinstated thereafter? I read an article on the Herald Tribune, must have been embarrassing.

4. Do you guys get paid? Several posts I have read in this forum inviting to doubts, dishonest management, local pilots paid like pawns, F/A's from several parts of Africa?

5. Is the medical assessment similar to EASA? FAA? Any issues with used syringes when taking lab tests?

6. Is buying a car in Addis a good idea considering so many places of interest to visit? Are roads in good shape considering the rain and subsiding of the asphalt?

7. Ethiopian peoples and culture? Are they educated? Are whites males preferred over locals or you have to have a degree in Orthodox religion? I hear the girls in Ethiopia grow hair compared to western Africans? Are they witty? Efficient?

8. What was the cause of the accident Ethiopian had out of Beirut? Was it fatigue or some sort of foul play? Any investigation results to review?

9. Is there an age limit to join? I am A350 Captain based in LUX, any chances I can be confined simply to do European flying based in Europe? Are all pilots based in Addis? Pay in local currency of Euros/USD?

10. I read the present CEO seem to be a very successful entrepreneur, and well educated man, is he posting some foreign staff in key roles? Or is this a full Ethiopian citizen gig?

11. What do they mean on their ads by "The new Spirit of Africa"? It appears to be a good hub, but is it really a safe airline to fly with?

12. What are the implications of foreign staff based in Addis when Ethiopia is surrounded by conflicts in the South of Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia, is the police or military there any good to contain a max exodus?