PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest PPL in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2017, 09:57
BatteriesNotIncluded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I broke the back of my training inside of 5 weeks, accumulating around 35 hours. I experienced varying weather even during this period (I am in the UK, after all) but it varied enough to not allow me to complete the training. My proficiency was through the roof, but was I gathering experience? Yes and no, I suppose.

I am about to complete my training in August (life has got in the way since I began) and I am somewhat glad for it. I have stayed current with theory and kept sharp with other's experiences, in the meantime. I have enrichened my knowledge which, in no doubt, will influence the way I fly. It's important under dual training to allow the experience to "soak in" - and not just to broaden your experiences of what the world will challenge you with (see adverse weather), despite how highly I recommend this as reason alone. Lessons on PFLs and the beginnings of Nav training, for example, will need time to set in. This is important. Don't become a checklist in yourself; an order of actions that you memorise but don't understand. Take the time to learn the "why" too.

For that, I just needed time.