PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General bitch about Hotmail email programmes.
Old 20th Jun 2017, 02:34
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExSp33db1rd
I have the same problem, living in the Hereafter - I.e. getting out to the garage and saying " what am I here after " ? and I agree with the alternative e-mail idea for Hotmail. ( and Gmail, neither one of which is my primary address) and have had to use it a few times when away from home where I have access to a 20 page A-4 file of passwords and memories - written down ? of course not, Sir - and I have also attached a so-called "coded" USB stick to my keychain, but that requires access to a computer with USB slots, not available on an iPad.

I have no faith in any so called "cloud" based Master password system, such as Ladtpass or similar, am I being paranoid ?
Paranoid? Difficult to answer that one. I suppose if it could be hacked then you might be in trouble. I use the Norton product because I like to think that Norton (of all people) would be very robust against hacking/scamming etc given their primary business.

There is another option - I only use two passwords, one is short and one is long. All I store on Norton's Identity safe are the words 'long one' or 'short one' - never the actual passwords themselves. Of course it does require you to remember two passwords which is sort of getting beyond the original brief of the question.

Why not write the passwords down and give them to a close relative or friend that you trust?