PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General bitch about Hotmail email programmes.
Old 19th Jun 2017, 12:12
G-CPTN
Resident insomniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
General bitch about Hotmail email programmes.

I am a man of advanced years (beyond my three-score years plus ten) and starting to experience short-term memory loss - extremely short term, like minutes later - rather than genuine dementia.

Today I was denied access to my Hotmail account unless I entered the password.

Which password? I know that I had to reset my password some time ago (and sometime before that, too), and I have been instructed not to use the same password for multiple applications - and you cannot re-use passwords - so I have invented various versions of passwords that are specific to each 'app' that include the name of that service.

Having admitted that I had forgotten my password for my Hotmail account I was invited to reset it, and was offered a code to be sent to my mobile 'phone - which usually works quite well, but in this instance the code failed to arrive.

I tried an alternative method which invoked a Microsoft account of a higher level (I forget its title) which asked questions such as who had I recently e-mailed (I know their names but cannot remember if their account is .com or .co.uk - and the information is locked within the unavailable Hotmail account) so I got it wrong and was asked questions about Skype (which I haven't used for about 4 years - no chance of getting those questions right).

A repeat request for a code to my mobile was likewise ignored (even though I had a good signal). Eventually, several codes arrived to my mobile 'phone all at the same time.

No doubt my attempts seemed like someone trying to break-in to my account, but allowances should be made for old farts like me who cannot remember whether they have been to the toilet in the last five minutes.

It is so frustrating (for me) to be locked out of my Hotmail account.