PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old jokes.
Thread: Old jokes.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2017, 21:31
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
When GF went International in the '70s, with ex BA VC10s, a lot of ex BA staff were recruited, including cabin staff.

It happened that I was spending a night in the crew hotel in Sharjah. In the evening I went to the bar (yes I know, this was a long time ago) where the only other drinker was a short, dapper chap, in his 50's with a bouffant hairdo. We got talking and it transpired that he was ex BA, VC 10 fleet. I seem to remember that his name was Arthur, but that could very easily be wrong.

"Oh yes," he said" I served the Silver Service across the Atlantic for more years than I can remember."

"What are doing now" I asked. He drew himself up. "I", he said, "I am No 2 on a Fokker Friendship".

So naturally I questioned how that came about.

"BA made me redundant along with most of the VC10 fleet, and Gulf Air offered me a job, so I accepted it", he said.

He went on; "But when I got to Bahrain, I was told I must undergo a training course. Me, a British Airways Silver Service Steward. it was an insult."

"Anyway, I had to attend the course. It was run by a chit of a girl from some private airline, who was in nappies when I started serving the Silver Service. I had to put her right about many things, so that the others on the course would learn something useful."

He paused, and I asked him what happened next.

"Well," he hissed, "what happened next is, I'm No 2 on a Fokker F*****g Friendship".