PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2017, 03:29
sewerpiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was planning on staying out of this thread, but I am one of those "from the Americas" you are speaking about so I had to speak up. Everything you say is more or less true about HKA, but you sure can put a negative spin on it. I came from a US regional that treated me like a prisoner. They truly felt like they owned you and routinely worked you to the point of sheer exhaustion. The schedules were horrible. I certainly have a lot more time at home here at HKA than back home. At my regional airline you were under a lot of pressure to fly their horribly maintained aircraft. There is none of that here. The HKCAD has things so much better organized than the FAA.
I've found that management here treats you good here as long as you return the favor. Yes I have only been here 3 years, but i've never had a situation where I thought they handled something inappropriately. I only make waves when I see something unsafe, and that just isn't happening here. Otherwise you smile, nod, and be polite to everyone no matter what you have heard, and things go OK. So as a guy from the Americas, i'm OK here.

Last edited by sewerpiper; 14th Jun 2017 at 03:51.