PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA IR Courses (including Converting FAA IR to JAA IR (Merged)
Old 10th Jun 2017, 15:55
CorsAir2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Muermel: EASA FCL.630.H IR(H) — Extension of privileges from single-engine to multi-engine helicopters.
Holders of an IR(H) valid for single-engine helicopters wishing to extend for the first time the IR(H) to multi-engine helicopters shall complete:
(a) a training course at an ATO comprising at least 5 hours dual instrument instruction time, of which 3 hours may be in an FFS or FTD 2/3 or FNPT II/III; and
(b) section 5 of the skill test in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part on multi-engine helicopters.

Some EASA Countries accept but not implement the single-engine IR(H) because they simply don't certify single engine IFR helicopters, so all training and checks must be done on SIM and on IFR certified twin-turbine helicopters. However, unless an employer will pay those expensive prof. checks, I prefer to maintain my ATPL(H)/IR theory and IR(H) privileges on single-engine (I'm referring to R22 and R44 IFR trainers).