PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nauru and Norfolk Island Airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2017, 04:26
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Aloha_KSA
Fiji Air could do a tag flight through NLK to AKL and back and make a go of it. Fiji connects to LAX, SFO, SIN, HKG, and OZ up north, so could be good for tourism. Until about 3 years ago FJ used NLK as an enroute alternate. They are set up for that kind of ops.
They won't. Because the only people that think NLK is of any importance to anyone are those that live there. It is an incredibly insular and in many ways, ignorant place, ignorant of the realities of the world... the reason the Commonwealth assumed control of it is because the assembly had wasted money hand over fist for years on trying to have an airline and it spectacularly failed every time (along with other follies).

I had some involvement with 'the Island' for a time and have to say the behaviour of some of those so-called representatives toward airport staff warranted calling the police... not physical but vile, foul mouthed abuse on at least one occasion, that resulted in a demand for an apology I believe.

Unfortunately, I feel for the residents because they are trapped on an Island miles from anywhere with very little contact but that has also made them insular and not aware of the wider world and not able to see the inconsistency in demanding autonomy and not 'calling themselves Australian' but not being backward in putting their hand out for Commonwealth money when the latest high cost airline folly goes belly up.

It really is something that people should let go of... let the Australian and NZ Govt. subsidize something but aside from that, these people cannot have it both ways... they can't expect to run their affairs, waste money and put their hands out for more from MINE and others taxes then demand they are independent.

For support, I tender into evidence their wholly disconnected assertion that Commonwealth take-over of their administration is a form of genocide... please, there are real people dying of genocidal acts around the world, how dare they call a change of administration that... this is evident of the NLK bubble in which some of them reside.

Last edited by AerialPerspective; 10th Jun 2017 at 04:27. Reason: add