PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadet mid 2017 Intake
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2017, 15:07
a3222222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was also a part of the part 2 held at Oxford CAE and haven't heard back yet. For those of you who are wondering about this course in regard to the next intake (2018), don't be too disheartened if they say no to you. Again, like many users on pprune who've applied for other cadetships and QF or JQ DE jobs- God knows what they want, so don't take it as a reflection or commentary of you as a person or your ability.

Here are my observations from this entire testing process:
ADAPT test is a fair tool to assess the suitability of an individual towards a career as a pilot. It comprises of sections on mathematics, physics, logic/psychometric, flight sim and behavioural questionnaire.
Most parts were challenging however the mathematics part was extremely elementary and not what I was expecting.
One of the questions were HOW MANY HOURS IN 3 DAYS. You've got to be kidding me right?

Part Two of the testing was a bunch of group activities and individual interviews.

Was I disappointed in the entire process? Yes.
Instead of an emphasis on skill, problem solving, the ability to stay calm under pressure and logic, there was too much of an emphasis on how you get along with others, even if they're wrong as hell.

Be prepared for a lot of TELL US ABOUT A TIME WHEN...
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.