PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian
Thread: Hawaiian
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2017, 05:20
Koan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Amadis of Gaul
They hire very few pilots period. It's a small carrier with only 53 airplanes and a little over 600 pilots. Their hiring has historically been to the tune of 40 or so pilots per year, and they've never had a shortage of apps, so the idea that they would go after an Aussie over all those others seems far-fetched. As an aside, a former colleague of mine was unsuccessful at getting in there despite being ethnically Hawaiian, being from Hawai'i, with an O'ahu address, Hawai'i phone number, with excellent flight times and just being a great guy. They never even looked at him.
Maybe that it is a small industry, and a smaller island. One "downer" from inside the HA 'ohana and no chance. Hawaiian has taken on some people I have heard from with no Island connections but sounds rare.

US Airlines won't lift a finger to assist with visa issues but they will not discriminate against foreign pilot in any way either, in fact diversity is looked on favorably. OP if wanting to work in the US needs to get on a path to a Green Card/work authorization, and also 4 year degree or equivalent.